I love what I do.
Sure it would be nice to have more money (I don't generally say no to a raise now and then), but I feel very privileged and lucky to do the work I do.
This week I have-
- played pub trivia with members of the congregation I serve,
- debated the root of the Hebrew word miqreh on Facebook and tried to understanding the place of luck in the story of Ruth
- visited a woman post-hip replacement
- met with a variety of different groups
- presided over a wedding that left no eyes dry
- sat as a quiet witness to a broken heart
- prayed in a bunch of different place for different things
- power-napped on the couch in the church
- had a good book discussion (and a Good Book discussion)
And the week is not done.
I am tired. I'll be taking a little comp time tomorrow to make up for two long days, but on the whole-
I feel lucky and grateful to be paid to witness and participate in God's amazing work in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Walkup Song of the Lord
Synod Sermon – Pentecost 19, Lectionary 27, Year A Isaiah 5:1-7; Psalm 80:7-15; Philippians 3:4b-14; Matthew 21:33-46 D ear Friends in Chris...
-
Bitmoji Julia enjoys tea Within a very short amount of time, two people whom I love were called "fat ass". One of these slurs ...
-
Like many congregations, we have lots of members who travel during the summertime. They may spend three months fishing or camping or travel...
-
We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28 Never place ...
1 comment:
Bless you for the work you do!
Post a Comment