Today at RevGalBlogPals, RevKarla encourages us to write a short list of 5 things we love. This is a Friday Five in honor of and inspired by Valentine's Day.
1. I love living in Alaska. My dad says that Alaska smells raw and unfinished. I find a sense of discovery and being discovered in so many places here- both outdoors and in some of my usual places.
2. I love sushi. Not everyone likes the texture or the taste, but the firm bite of pure, cool protein thrills me every time. There are fish I enjoy more than others, but almost all of it is delicious to me.
3. I love St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I've been using this stuff on my face since I was 13. Even when I've tried other things, my face doesn't feel clean until I've used this stuff.
4. I love e-readers. A few years ago, I would have sworn that I'd never succumb to such an abomination. However, it turns out that the ability to have multiple books at your fingertips on a trip or in bed or at the gym or in any number of places is quite handy.
5. I love Greek Gods yogurt- especially the strawberry & honey or orange & honey flavors. I mostly eat that like a dessert. That stuff is delicious.
I usually wouldn't use the word "love" for any of these things in writing, but I great enjoy all these things.
I deeply love- as in carry in my heart and commit my life to- Jesus, my husband, my kids, the congregation I serve, my siblings, my parents, my friends, and my colleagues.